Have Money in Your Flexible Spending Account? Roll It Over for Dental

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin


If you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) through your employer, you can roll over as much as $500 into 2016, money you can use for your dental care. Details at: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-13-71.pdf

FSAs are pre-tax savings accounts, typically employee funded, that are used for qualified medical expenses including your visits to the dentist. Originally, the rule was “use-it-or-lose-it” which required employees spend their FSA savings during the year in which the savings were set aside. For employees, predicting how much money they needed to save for that year’s medical expenses has always been tricky, sometimes leading to lost money when they saved more than they spent.

FSA funds can be used for any procedures for the prevention and alleviation of dental disease, including cleanings and sealants. You have the money set aside, why not use it for your smile?

Also, now is a great time to look at your FSA and plan for the next year. If you are a patient at Apple Tree, we’re happy to help you plan so you can use your FSA properly and help you keep smiling.

More to Explore

Call Now Button