Apple Tree Dental provides access to a new, innovative model for dental care. We are proud to serve everyone; transcending age, ability, and socioeconomic status to give our patients the dental care they need for life.
Inspired by the Mayo Clinic model, Apple Tree is nationally recognized for its pioneering approach to integrating dental care as part of overall health and well-being. With an integrated team of professionals that includes specially trained dentists and a multilingual staff, we provide preventive care and treatment at eight Centers for Dental Health and through our On-Site Care Programs.
Working with more than 130 collaborating organizations, our teams deliver compassionate care to children, adults, and elders who face barriers to care at Head Start Centers, local schools, group homes for people with disabilities, assisted living centers, nursing facilities, and other sites.
In partnership with educational institutions, Apple Tree hosts clinical rotations for a variety of students in the health professions and a dental residency program. Apple Tree’s Innovation Center designs new delivery systems, clinical dental education experiences, and pursues policy reforms to help transform the health care system.
Apple Tree’s mission is to improve the oral health of all people, including those with special access needs who face barriers to care.
Apple Tree Dental is a Proven Model
- Established more than 30 years ago, we currently operate six Centers for Dental Health in Minnesota and two in Northern California, and have created replication programs in North Carolina and Louisiana.
- Awards and recognition have been provided by the American Dental Association, the Surgeon General, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and many other organizations.
We Provide Innovative, High-Quality Dental Health Care Across the Lifespan
- We believe that a healthy mouth contributes to overall health and well-being from infancy, through adulthood, and into old age. Our goal is to provide access to care for our patients, whether in health or disability, for life.
- Apple Tree’s On-Site Care Programs have been recognized as a national model. Our innovations in mobile delivery systems, care coordination, and electronic health records have made it possible to provide compassionate care for patients facing a host of barriers to care.
- Apple Tree’s nonprofit model leverages community resources to accomplish its mission. We have developed and continue to invest in the world’s finest dental equipment and patient amenities. Our multilingual, highly trained staff is experienced in all aspects of lifetime dental care, with geriatric, pediatric, and special care expertise at our Centers and through our On-Site Care Programs.
- Founded in 1985 in Minnesota with successful replications in North Carolina and Louisiana
- Now operating eight Centers for Dental Health in Minnesota and Northern California
- More than one million dental visits and $175 million in services have been delivered
- Apple Tree has more than 200 employees
- Delivers care in collaboration with more than 130 community partners
- Apple Tree has received federal, state, and local grants and gifts from public, private, and nonprofit agencies
Our Model of Dental Care is Patient-Centric
- Apple Tree was inspired by the Mayo Clinic, which enjoys a global reputation for its team model and focus on each individual patient. Apple Tree’s teams give our patients and their families access to a group of highly skilled clinicians who put the needs of their patients first.
- When you or a loved one can’t come to us, we come to you. Our On-Site Care Programs allow us to offer the same services available at our Centers, but in a familiar environment that helps eliminate transportation costs and other barriers.
- We believe that access to oral health care is a human right and never deny essential services to our patients based on age, education, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, geography, or ability to pay.
- We take a highly personalized and customized approach to each patient’s dental health. For patients with more complex health issues, we collaborate closely with other medical providers to ensure that the patient’s complete health profile is considered and reflected as part the dental care and treatment plan.